Tipton Deluxe 1-Piece Carbon Fiber Cleaning Rod 27-45 Cal 26"
AvailabilityIn Stock Soon
Carbon fiber is well-suited to the tough tasks assigned to cleaning rods. It combines the best features of stainless steel and coated cleaning rods, then adds valuable properties of its own. Stainless steel rods can scratch or wear barrels if they're used carelessly - though they won't pick up potentially damaging small abrasive particles. "Coated" rods get part of the job done - they keep the stainless steel shaft from damaging your barrel's rifling, but the coating will pick up small abrasive particles, which means you're effectively running finegrit sandpaper through your bore. Carbon fiber rods are the best of both: the carbon fiber can't scratch your bore like stainless steel, and they won't embed like coated rods. Plus, Carbon Fiber rods can be bent to an extreme degree and return to their original straightness. During Operation Iraqi Freedom, US military armorers called on Tipton to provide cleaning rods that would clean service rifles in demanding conditions. It made sense to us: Carbon fiber is an ideal material for cleaning rods. We call these cleaning rods "deluxe" because they feature an ergonomically designed handle that spins on two sets of ball bearings - the result is a cleaning rod that smoothly follows the rifling both pushing and pulling, even while under pressure. The "shank-through" construction also allows the user to apply "reasonable" hammer blows to the end of the cleaning rod to get a tight patch through a bore. Available in four diameters and six lengths to fit most rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Rifle and handgun rods are threaded for 8-32 accessories, except 17 caliber and 20 caliber rods which are threaded 5-40. Shotgun rods are threaded 5/16"-27.
- Hang hole for easy storage. Also allows for reasonable hammer blows to clear a stubborn patch.
- Two sets of high quality bearings that won’t bind under pressure and allows the shaft to follow the rifling.
- Comfortable ergonomic shape. Handle remains fixed in your hand while the shaft rotates on the bearings to follow rifling.
- Shank-through construction for working tight patches.
- Carbon fiber shaft won’t embed particles that could damage your rifle bore.